Can we change the past
Global warming is the gradual increase in global temperatures caused by the emission of gases that trap the sun's heat in the Earth's atmosphere. Gases that contribute to global warming include carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxides, chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), and halocarbons (the replacements for CFCs). The carbon dioxide emissions are primarily caused by the use of fossil fuels for energy.
- The last few years were the WARMEST ever recorded on Earth. The trend continues.
- Huge parts of Antarctic and Arctic ice have already melted. Key Antarctic glaciers (Hektoria, Green and Evans for example) increased their melting rate 8 times in 3 years (between 2000 and 2003, Geophys. Res. Lett., 31, L18401). When glaciers begin to slide to the ocean, the sea level rise will cause not only tsunamis but a global planetary flood.
- Volcanoes become active under Arctic Ocean and in Antarctica
- In the past, volcanic activity was followed by decades of dormancy. Today, when volcanoes erupt they remain active and the neighboring volcanoes erupt...
- The Largest Volcanoes on Earth have lost their snow-caps
- Oceans are warmer than ever. Their increased evaporation produces large amount of clouds, rain and widespread flooding
- Oceans around Antarctica at depths of 5 km are less salty and less dense confirming that Antarctica is melting from underneath. The fresh water is lighter than salt water, so it should be on top...
- In heated oceans all currents are severely disrupted
- Mountain glaciers melt around the globe
- The weather around the globe becomes more violent every month
- Energy of earthquakes systematically increases. The graph on the left depicts the annual quake energy since record begun in 1973, computed on the basis of USGS scientific data from all quakes above 4.0 magnitude since 1973. The data is compared (scaled) to 1973 quake energy. The energy of earthuakes 7.0 and above increased 6 times in the same periode.
- In the period of time when the planetary climate changed by a small fraction of one degree, earthquakes have become 5 times more energetic. I wonder why no one on Earth makes any notice of this? WHY ?
We can't change the past,
Only Understanding can save our planet.
Focus on Understanding.